For our office in Frankfurt, Germany, we are looking for an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Coordinator – Database Engineering (m/f) (Job-ID: 19022) to join our international team at the earliest possible date.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of MS SQL Servers (2005-2017) production and non-production environment
- Ensure high-availability for mission-critical databases and implement disaster recovery solutions with Always On Failover Cluster Instances, Always On availability groups, Distributed availability groups, Database mirroring and Log Shipping.
- Prepare and document business continuity plan and backup strategies to ensure resources are available within maximum tolerable downtime.
- Performance monitoring and tuning ability to diagnosis and resolve performance problems occurring in a complex environment
- Standardize and enforce SQL Server and Database change management strategies to mitigate the impact from failure due to change
- Coordinate with stakeholders, provide technical support and validate new ideas with proof of concepts
- Participate in internal and external audits and fulfil timely remediation requirements
- Synchronizing and distributing database objects with SQL Server Transactional Replication for reporting needs.
- Maintain data obfuscation on the test environment and enhance data masking workflow.
- Automation of day-to-day administrative and operational tasks.
Requirements & attributes:
- Expert in managing MS SQL Servers with 10+ years of experience and minimum 5 years’ experience as Team Lead.
- Experience in managing geographically dispersed team and multisite customer-based environment
- Solid command of SLA driven operations and ability to ensure the resources are optimally utilized
- Readiness to provide 24 x 7 escalation support by participating in an on-call rotation schedule
- Hands-on experience with data encryption technologies such as Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and Always Encrypted and should be familiar with Data Protection Law.
- Experience in handling cloud database services and cluster environments on Azure
- Open and friendly personality with an ability to interact with people on different hierarchal and technical levels
- Well-organised person who can multitask, work independently or as part of a team and can aptly prioritise work under pressure
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written (German language skills are a strong advantage)Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience in working with a ticket management solution is preferable
- Microsoft certifications will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of tools like SCOM, SolarWinds, Delphix and Veeam Backup & Replication is preferable
- A degree in an IT-related field is preferable
- A substantial degree of flexibility, allowing for an autonomous approach to performing duties
- Challenging and varied work
- Flat management structure
- Long-term prospects with plenty of opportunities for professional development and growth
- Excellent team-oriented and international working environment
If you think you fit the profile, we look forward to receiving your application in English, including your CV, a motivation letter and salary expectations via the following e-mail address:
The deadline for the submission of applications is 10th June, 2019. Please include the Job-ID in your application.